Quiz. How Well do you know Suffolk?
1. Which Suffolk village signs has a horse-drawn cart standing next to a mill, along with a church topped by a crown?
2. Which Suffolk village has mostly been submerged by the sea?
3. Where is there a famous sculpture on a beach with the words “I hear those voices that will not be drowned” around the edge and who was the sculptor?
4. Why did an Ipswich-born Cardinal fall out of favour with Henry Vlll and what was his name?
5. Which Suffolk-based manufacturer makes an ingredient that goes into Maltesers and where is it?
6. Where were the first lawnmowers mass-produced in England and by whom?
7. Where and when was Radar developed?
8. Who was the King of East Anglia before the Norman Conquest?
9. Which popular 20th Century newspaper cartoonist worked in Suffolk for much of his life and where is there a statue in his honour?
10. What is the statue in Giles’ Honour?